Hospital Based Treatment
Kootenay Lake Dental Clinic offers a comfortable, well supplied office, but for those who are unable to attend, we can also arrange treatment to be followed out at Kootenay Lake Hospital.
Hospital Based Dentistry
Hospital Based Dentistry can help patients with more extensive dental needs which are difficult to tolerate in the dental office, such as treatment for young children or medically compromised patients.
Kootenay Lake Hospital
With the option of Kootenay Lake Hospital we can complete more complex procedures and keep you comfortable and safe during them. Your safety and comfort is of our utmost importance.
No referral necessary, minimal wait times.
Your treatment will be carried out at Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson under General anesthesia or sedation supported by a medical doctor certified in anesthesia.
The sequence of steps will be as followed:
- 1. recognition of the need for hospital dental treatment by yourself or your referring dentist
- 2. consultation at Kootenay Lake Dental
- 3. consultation with the physician who will be providing anesthesia
- 4. treatment date at Kootenay Lake Hospital where all necessary dental treatment will be completed in one visit under anesthetic, you can expect to be at the hospital for approximately half a day.
- 5. any follow up required (if necessary)